October 27-29, 2016
40 Lodge Street
Albany, NY 12207
Phone: (518) 462-6611 Fax: (518) 462-2901
Hotel Website: www.hiltonalbany.com
As usual, we have reserved a block of rooms for the competition. Schools must coordinate their room reservations with the Hotel coorddinator: Christine Fiori using the form below. Industry participants should contact the hotel directly for their room reservations.
Teams register with Michael Emmer using the following form:
It is a three-day event, from Thursday through Saturday.
- Thursday, teams arrive at the hotel and set up their rooms.
- Friday, between 8 am and midnight, each team assembles a complete written bid proposal for a real project being built by sponsoring firm. The comprehensive proposals include detailed cost analysis, schedule, labor requirements and plans to do the work itself.
- Saturday, teams present their proposals to the sponsoring firm’s representatives in a closed discussion forum.
- Saturday night the awards will be presented at the dinner.
There are four different competition divisions:
- Commercial sponsored by: Lecesse Construction – Problem statement – Scoring criteria
- Design-Build sponsored by: Kiewit Building Group – Problem statement
- Heavy Civil sponsored by: JF White Contracting Company – Problem statement
- Pre-Construction sponsored by: Shawmut Design & Construction – Problem statement
Participating companies this year:
- Consigli Construction Co.
- Dimeo Construction
- Gilbane Building Co.
- HRI Inc.
- Iannelli Construction Co., Inc.
- J.F. White Contracting Co.
- KBE Building Corporation
- Lecesse Construction
- LeChase Construction
- The Pike Co.
- Shawmut Design and Construction
- The Wesson Group
- Walsh Group
- Weeks Marine
- Middlesex Construction
- Kinetic Systems, Inc.
- Sano-Rubin Construction
Companies can register for the job fair with the following form:
The following member schools from ASC Region 1 are competing this year:
- Alfred State (COM, DB, HH)
- Central Connecticut State University (COM, DB, HH)
- Clarkson University (HH, PRE)
- CUNY (PRE)
- Drexel University (COM, HH)
- Norwich University (PRE)
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering (COM, PRE)
- Penn College of Technology (COM, DB, PRE)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (COM, DB, HH)
- Roger Williams University (COM, DB, HH)
- State University of NY-Delhi (COM, DB, HH, PRE)
- State University of NY-ESF (COM)
- The Pratt Institute (COM)
- University of Maine (HH, PRE)
- Utica College (COM)
- Vermont Technical College (COM, HH, PRE)
- Wentworth Institute of Technology (DB)
36 Teams in total.
(Categories: COMmercial, Design-Build, Heavy Highway, PRE-construction)
Commercial Building (11 teams)
Heavy-Civil (9 teams)
- Alfred State
Design-Build (6 teams)
Preconstruction (8 teams)
- Penn. College of Technology